Many girls want a quick change of image and choose the easiest way – to dye their hair a different color. Changing the color is very easy, but taking care of colored hair is quite problematic.
It is important to take care of the health of the hair, and in this article we will try to describe the basic recommendations, which we try to tell our clients.
The main problems after hair color changes
The hair coloring procedure breaks the integrity of the hair, destroying the scales, which is why the dye lies perfectly. They don’t return to their original position, weakening the hair in the face of environmental damage.
First measures for hair preservation
After the procedure of changing the color of your hair, the alkaline substances that are contained in the dye will be retained in the hair for quite a long time. About a month.
Tips for taking care of colored hair:
- Strictly follow the instructions to achieve the desired effect.м
- For the first few days after the color change procedure, you should use the shampoos and conditioners intended for it. Usually they are in the same box as the dye. They contain substances that can neutralize the alkali. If these are not in the kit, you should definitely buy them. Ideally, if they are the same brand as the hair dye.
- Further it is necessary to use care products marked “for colored hair”.
- Avoid going to swimming pools, baths, etc. in the days following dyeing.
- Minimize the use of curling irons and hair dryers.
- Do not brush hair when it is wet. It can also damage the hair structure.
What and when to color
If you take good care of your hair, it grows quite quickly. And the divergence of the color of the roots from the rest of the hair becomes apparent. Therefore, experts recommend once every three weeks (or less frequently) to touch up only the roots. It is recommended to color the entire length of the hair once every six months to keep your hair healthy and strong.
General recommendations for hair care:
- Avoid direct sunlight. When in the sun, hide your hair under a panama or hat. Wear a special protective cap when going to the solarium.
- Do not wash your hair more often than every other day. Frequent washing washes out the color.
- Do not rub the hair with a towel. It is better to just lightly drench it.
- Use protective products when styling your hair hot.
- Use a hairbrush with rounded tips. You can also use sprays designed to make brushing easier.
- Make nourishing masks to strengthen the hair. Recipes can be found on the Internet. Choose the most suitable for your hair type and color.
- Do not wear a tight elastic band.
- If you follow these simple recommendations and rules of hair care, you can keep a rich color and healthy appearance of your hair for a long time.